Mexican documentary photographer focused on women´s rights and human rights. My work has been published in magazines, printed and digital media such as The HuffPost Mexico, El Universal, Milenio, La Crítica and Lado B among others. I have collaborated with different brands such as Apple, Herschel, Timberland, Danielle Wellington, The Wind Cultural Festival, The Dolores Olmedo Museum and The Mining Palace in Mexico City.
Greta is a faithful promoter of mobile photography, her work on this can be known on Instagram (@gretarico). When she is not photographing, she is dedicated to designing communication and public relations strategies as an independent consultant.
AWARDS and SCHOLARSHIPS
2019. Eddie Adams Workshop class of 2019. Selected as an alumni for the photojournalism seminar.
2019. International Women´s Media Fund. Selected to participate in “Adelante” program in Latin America.
2019. XI Edizione IILA-fotografia “Gender Equality”. Selected with the documentary project “Urban Mindwifes”.
2018. Bob and Diane Fund Fellow. Grant to attend Foundry Photojournalism Workshop in Kolkata, India.
2018. The strength of women before disappearances in Mexico. Selected with a piece titled “Substitute Mother”.
2017. International photography and diversity peace contest. Selected with a piece titled “Donají”.
2018. Documenting Humanity. Colective exhibition at Art Space Gallery in New York City, July, 2019.
2019. Women weaving fights. Collective exhibition in Foro Cultural Alicia. Mexico City.
2019. XI Edizione IILA-fotografia “gender equality”. Collective exhibition in the Museo di Roma. Trastevere, Italy, October, 2019.
2018. The strength of women before disappearances in Mexico. Collective exhibition in Rejas de Chapultepec. Mexico City, May, 2018.
2017. International photography and diversity peace contest. Collective exhibition in Universidad de Guanajuato. Mexico, September, 2017.
2016. My city – Tunel Visual. Collective exhibition in Tehuantepec, Oaxaca, Mexico. December, 2016.
Freelance photographer (2014 – present).
- Freelance Photographer based in Mexico City.
- The focus of my documentary projects and reportages has been women, indigenous communities, workers’ groups and human rights.
24 Hour Project (2018 – present).
- Documentary Photographer.
- Public Relations Manager and Ambassador Coordinator.
@IgersCDMX (2014 – 2018).
- Public Relations Manager. I was in charge of managing photography exhibitions, cultural and photography events.
- Project Manager. My responsibilities were to manage budgets , coordinate logistics and create the communication strategies for the events.
- Influencer Photographer for my personal Instagram account.
Arte y Cultura (2014 – 2016).
- Cultural journalist
Paradigmas Magazine (2012 – 2013).
- Cultural journalist
Hyp Radio (2011 – 2012).
- Public Relations Manager for the radio station.
- Radio announcer for a cultural Fanzine called “Déjame Entrar”.